Wednesday 25 January 2012

Night Riding

My trusty old ten speed mixte has been patiently waiting for an outing all winter long. Tonight was the night. I'm planning on doing the Isle of Wight Randonnee and the Pendle Witches Vintage Velo in the next few months so need to get my roadie hill climbing legs back in action. Big style.
So after a couple of short weekend off road rides to get my legs swinging and hitting the exercise bike for afew casual evening rides with the dvd player, I'm back out on the skinny wheels, in the wind and Pennine rain, up on them hills.

The toughest challenge was riding on unlit roads and through an unlit park. I think I need to invest in some new batteries for my head torch - it wasnt cutting it on faded power. I couldnt fathom where the edge of the road was and I cut back on my speed to save myself from any pothole mishaps. Plus my specs had one or two raindrops on them too.
Night riding in a group is much easier than on your lonesome. But fun non the less. Maybe I should try my hand at night mountain bike riding sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment